Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Crazy Week!

June 16, 2014

Hey Everyone,

    This week was a whirlwind and just a crazy week! We had Zone training in Thermopolis on Tuesday and that was literally the best Zone training I have ever been a part of, it was just such a spirit guided meeting and it felt amazing to be with our missionaries and know that we are all united in one purpose: to bring souls unto Christ. 
 
Tuesday afternoon till Thursday I had Elder White, one of the Assistants on exchanges with me. We had a good time and got some great things done! He asked me some heavenly inspired questions that really caused me to do some self reflection and it built my faith. Friday we had some mid-transfer adjustments take place and so I did a lot of driving and as a result of the adjustments, Elder Halversen is no longer my companion, Elder Baumer is my new companion.
 
    Biggest miracle this week happened Saturday night! Elder McGrath, Elder Wessendorf, Sister Hixson, and Sister Bain were in Thermopolis to switch Sister Gray and Sister Hixson back after an exchange. Elder McGrath and I needed about 20 minutes to talk about a few things in the Zone and so while we were doing that Elder Baumer and Elder Wessendorf and Sister Hixson and Sister Bain went out knocking doors. The sisters tracted into a less active, Sister Lewis (she is an elderly woman) and there at her house a man by the name of G------ H------- had just moved in. Brother H-------- had a great talk with the sisters and told them about the missionary lessons he had been taking in Sacramento and that he is ready and willing to be baptized. He grew up Pentecostal and always felt like there was something more, he knows the Book of Mormon is what he has been looking for. He came to all 3 hours of church yesterday in a white shirt and tie and tonight we are putting him on date! I am so grateful, what a tender mercy of the Lord!
 
    We as missionaries meet with our Bishop every Sunday and yesterday we discussed some great things that we will begin to implement to cultivate real growth here in Thermopolis! We are going to start a PMG class, we are having a "Catch the Vision" fireside on July 6th, and we are beginning exchanges with the Elders Quorum and High Priests every Thursday night. Great change is underway and I am so excited to be a part of it all and am praying that Heavenly Father will allow me to stay here a lot longer so I can see it unfold and continue to assist the members here catch the wave but, His will be done. 
    
Last but not least was that the Thermopolis Ward Pinewood Derby was this week... Some of you may remember that when Elder Wyatt and I were companions in Great Falls, Mt. we built a car there that did really well. So I had Elder Wyatt mail me the car and I put it in the big races here and we won 2nd place! Pictures are attached, it was a fun time. Great turn out and had some less actives and non members attend! 
    
In closing... On Saturday I finished the Book of Mormon for the 6th time on my mission and I did as Preach My Gospel teaches us to do, I put Moroni's promise to the test again for a renewal of the confirmation and to renew my personal conviction and confidence in the promise. I received the witness once again that the Book of Mormon is true, it is the word of God, another witness that Jesus is the Christ! I know these things, there is no doubt in my mind, I have received the witness from the Holy Ghost time and time again and know these things to be true. I invite all to put the Book of Mormon to the test, ask with an open heart, and ask in faith. I love being a missionary! 
 
Thank you all for your love and support!

P.S. Also attached are some other pictures, the classic cars are for my dad :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment