Sunday, April 7, 2013

April Fools!

April 1, 2013

"Dear Family and Friends,

    Today is April Fools Day but it is also TRANSFER CALLS DAY! Ha ha so my Zone Leaders thought they were pretty funny by saying my trainer Elder Brown was being transferred and I would be staying to train a new missionary.... BUT it was APRIL FOOLS! Ha ha Elder Brown and I get to serve together here in Lakeside at least another 6 weeks :)

      First I would like to say thank you to all who have been praying for me. I have felt your love, support and prayers in an extremely real and personal way. I want you all to know how much I love you and that my words do not give it justice as I try to express my feelings of gratitude. Thank you so much! 

These last 2 weeks have been pretty hard and very trying but I know now, more so than ever before in my life that God gives us these trials to test us but not only to test our faith but to strengthen us. My personal relationship with my Savior and Redeemer has grown. My personal relationship with my Father in Heaven has grown. And my testimony of the plan of salvation and of this incredible gospel has all been strengthened!

 It is truly amazing!

     So on the note of strengthening our testimonies, I would like to invite all who read this to do a personal evaluation of themselves. Evaluate your relationship with your Savior. Do you know Jesus Christ? Or do you know of Jesus Christ? Evaluate your testimony. All of us are at different stages but all of us can always improve! 

So I would invite all of you who this letter reaches to choose 3 things you can really work on to strengthen your testimony and relationship with your Savior and Father in Heaven. I invite you all to join me in reading the Book of Mormon in 1 transfer (6 weeks ;) It is about 12 pages per day to finish the Book of Mormon in just 6 weeks. I just finished reading the Book of Mormon a few days ago and am starting with page 1 today and will finish it on Mother's Day. 

I invite you all to read, study, ponder and pray over the Book of Mormon and to work diligently on always coming unto Christ, our Lord. I promise you that if you do these things your love and appreciation of Jesus Christ will grow, you will be happier each day and will experience more fully and in a very real way the love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for you on a personal level.

    I bear you my witness that Jesus is the Christ. That He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane, was betrayed, beat, and crucified for you, for me and for all. He rose the third day and left the tomb empty. I know that my Redeemer Lives! He leads and guides this church today by a prophet, Thomas S Monson! Watch conference this weekend and be lifted up by the prophet today! This gospel is real, it is without a doubt true and the plan of happiness is for all. 

Come unto Christ, be of good cheer and be of good comfort. I know these things to be true, I know I have been called of Jesus Christ, through the prophet, to be His representative here in Montana. This is His mission and I am loving every precious moment of it. 

"I know that my Redeemer lives, oh what joy this sweet sentence gives!" 

In the name of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Elder Aaron John Organ"

No comments:

Post a Comment