Sunday, April 21, 2013

Progression!

April 15, 2013

"Hello Everyone! 
   
This week was another great week here in Lakeside! We had 2 great lessons this week with 2 separate progressing investigators. Both lessons were a stepping stone for both of these individuals. We discussed baptism with Sherry and what she needs to do to work towards that. She prayed and believes this is all true, so we talked a lot about how faith is an action word and what she needs to do to be baptized.
      
The other investigator, Valery, kept her commitment to read the Book of Mormon and we had a great discussion with her. She just left town for 2 weeks but we have an appointment for right when she returns. I am praying she will continue to read the Book of Mormon and feel of the power and truthfulness of the book.
       
We also had another investigator attend church with us yesterday, my first one so far, it was great! Her name is Dodie and she is an elderly woman. She really enjoyed the meeting which was testimony meeting. The small in number Lakeside Branch is large in Spirit and testimony. The Spirit was there and Dodie said she really enjoyed it and could feel her Savior's love.
 
So slowly but surely the work in Lakeside is picking up, we had some great service opportunities this week and a couple this week which I am excited for.
       
One of the service projects was splitting wood and stacking it in this HUGE woodshed for an older man in the branch. I have some great pics from that project and it was a ton of fun! A service project coming up this week is with a Less Active member and we will dis-assemble 2 old farm silos, so that should be an adventure! 
 
I absolutely love missionary work and I thank my Heavenly Father for each day I am blessed to be His servant. I am so blessed and my heart is full. 
 
Thank you for the love and support!
                  
-Elder Organ"

No comments:

Post a Comment