Sunday, March 30, 2014

What A Blur!

March 10, 2014

Hello Everyone,

    Wow this week has been such a blur! Monday and Tuesday was spent saying goodbye to so many people I have grown to love there in Great Falls! I really will miss GF but my parents both said it best, "You were able to be in people's life and they in your life so you could both learn from one another." I know that is certainly true, I have learned so much from all the people I have been able to get to know on my mission in all my areas and I pray they have been able to learn a little from me too! 
    
On Wednesday morning I left Great Falls about 9 am and got to Worland, Wyoming about 8:30 pm. There I met up with my companion who is Elder Anglin from Gilbert, AZ. We did not know each other there in Gilbert before the mission but know some of the same people and his Bishop is Ron Knight, small world! I knew Elder Anglin when he was a new missionary in the Great Falls Zone 6 months ago, he is awesome. 
 
Here is the Wyoming South Zone... Because of geography I am in a split Zone Leader companionship, so it is sort of like having 2 companions, 1 is Elder Anglin who I serve with here in Thermopolis and then the other Zone Leader is Elder Croteau who serves in Riverton, Wyoming which is where I served about 7 months ago for 6 weeks!  Elder Croteau and I coordinate and communicate a lot each day with things regarding the Zone. Hope that all makes sense for everyone, I am a little scattered brained today!
    
Wednesday night there was a miscommunication and so we had a dilemma. The dilemma was we had 2 Elders that are companions, one is from Brazil and does not have a drivers license and the other Elder just had his drivers license expire! Haha so neither of them could drive themselves back to their area, so I went with one of them and Elder Anglin took the other one to Thermop. We switched back on Friday and that companionship just wont be able to drive till the one Elder gets his license renewed! 
    
So Friday up until now has been great as Elder Anglin has taken me around introducing me to many members, less actives and investigators! There is a lot happening here and I am excited to be a part of it. There was a convert baptism Saturday night and that was great to be able to meet him and be in attendance! 
 
To answer a few questions I received in other emails...
 
Thermopolis is a small town of about 3,000 people. There is a strong ward here, again with a lot happening! The weather was cold and snowy the last couple weeks and so there was a ton of snow everywhere and up in the mountains but the last 4 days has been in the 40's and 50's and so all the snow melted super fast which caused a TON of problems. Two towns here in my Zone that have missionaries there were evacuated and flooded by the river. There were multiple places on the river that became so clogged with HUGE chunks of ice that the water had no where to go except for over the banks and flooded a lot. These little farming towns are built on the river for irrigation purposes and so many houses were destroyed or severely damaged. Members and missionaries helped all they could and will continue to help in the clean up stages of the mess that was left once the water resided. I will try to send pics of it next week. 
    
This afternoon my Zone Leader comp and I will travel with the sister training leaders to Billings where we will spend the night and then tomorrow we will travel all the way to the west side of Montana to Helena for Mission Leadership Council and then I will get back here to Wyoming Wednesday afternoon, should be another great adventure! 
 
I love you all so much and thank you for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment