Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Strep Throat and A Connection

June 3, 2013

Hello Everyone,

     Well this week was a rough one. On Tuesday afternoon I went to the doctors and found out I had a bad case of strep throat, which is the 1st time I ever remember having strep and it was miserable haha! So then my companion (who was also pretty sick, just not with strep) and I were quarantined to our room for 48 hours! Then we were told to take it easy and ease ourself back into the work. Well for those of you who really know me...its hard not to go just 100% so its been a challenge. But I am 100% better now and my companion is well on his way to getting to be 100% and then we can work hard! 
     
This week we did meet Keith and Julie Jessop who are parents of Amber who was baptized here back in March but is living in North Dakota now. Keith was raised in Pinesdale and Julie is not too familiar with Mormonism and both want to learn more. Keith has some questions about where the Priesthood really is... Is it in Pinesdale or the "mainstream" church? That is just one example of his multiple questions he will need to pray and answer for himself but we got him to commit to come to church and begin his part on this journey to finding the truth. They are both leaving for North Dakota for a few weeks so we hope to pick up when they return.
    
But it was so crazy cool how fast Keith and I connected! You walk into his beautiful home and there is 25+ mounts of mule deer, whitetail, bear, ram, coyote, etc. and so immediately we connected as we started talking about hunting adventures. The more we talked the more connected we got as he talked about horses, ranching, farming and I could relate to most of what he was saying due to how I was raised. And then he blew my mind because to top it all off he brings up flying and says he just got his Private Pilots license a year ago! So then I jumped all over talking to him about flying! Hahaha I had such a good time while my companion was a little bored. Haha!
 
     It was so cool how much we could relate on and really I am a firm believer God called me to Montana to connect and relate with people such as Keith. I know God puts people into our lives for a reason! I know this church is true and it is more than a blessing and honor to be a representative of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 

Love you all so much and thank God daily for the support you give me! 

-Elder Organ

No comments:

Post a Comment