Saturday, February 16, 2013

Elder Organ's First Week At The MTC!

Hey all you Elder Organ supporters! Sorry it's taken a week to get this first letter posted! Elder Organ leaves in just a few days to Montana! How exciting right?! He is doing GREAT and is loving every minute. Here is his first week in his own words!

February 9, 2013

"Hello family and friends!

I have a quick minute to send you an email and tell you some things about how this week is going! Wednesday, Feb 6th about 9am I was dropped off here at the MTC and you are immediately thrown into the work. After lunch we went to meetings, I got assigned my companion, Elder Jackson who is from Hurrican, UT and then we started classroom instruction which happens in 3 hour blocks, so we met our teachers and had our first class. We had other meetings that taught us about how things work here and how to be a missionary! Then before we knew it, it was 9:30pm and we went back where we just have personal quiet time and hit the sack at 10:30. This is how pretty much each day goes with 6 to 8 hours of instruction, we have zone trainings, we do a lot of role playing with teaching investigators and such. Everything we do is preparing us for "out there" and the Spirit is there no matter the activity, it is so awesome to be growing each day! I am working hard to become converted to my purpose and more converted to Christ so I can be more prepared to invite others unto Christ in Montana.

The food is usually pretty good and it is all you can eat haha which is great! Oh about my district, we are an "all elders district" so 12 of us elders make up our district and we will be going with 4 other elders and 4 sisters all together to Billings on a 9am flight Feb 19th. We are the first group ever of 2 week missionaries, we have 13 days here so 9 more to go after today. It started snowing yesterday and has been snowing off and on since, it is snowing outside right now. Today is Saturday and our P-day so we did laundry, been relaxing, writing letters, cleaning and after this we get to go to the temple!

I really appreciate all of everyone's love and support! Yesterday at lunch was the first time we got mail in our district and it was pretty funny...I was like Elder Vanpelt from the movie, The Best Two Years...where he gets all the mail, haha I don't say that to be boastful, it just really means a lot to me, my 1st time getting mail and I had over 10 letters from dearelder.com and written letters! It really shows how much love and support I really have in my life which means sooo much to me! I will email or write back as often as time permits but I know that I am now on the Lord's time and must use it wisely! So again thank you all so much!

I know that I am so blessed to be out here! I really am loving it and know I am where I am supposed to be. I have been called as a servant of God and am working hard to give Him my absolute best! This is God's work, this is the true church, Joseph Smith restored the gospel of Jesus Christ and our prophet today truly is Pres. Monson! Jesus Christ did atone for our sins and it is through His sacrifice only that we can repent and return to live with our loving Heavenly Father. I am so blessed, life is great! Thank you again!

Until next time-

Love, Elder Aaron Organ"

Doesn't he just sound awesome??! I love that kid and I know all of you do too! Let's continue to show him all of our love and support for his last two days at the MTC! You can still get DearElder letters to him tomorrow and Monday but be sure that on Monday they are all sent before NOON here in Utah otherwise he will not get them. After that, DearElder can still be used but the information you have to punch in will be different. I'll get the new mission code and all that posted soon. 

I can't thank you all enough for the love and support you're giving Elder Organ and I know he's indescribably grateful as well! Keep it up ya'll! 

No comments:

Post a Comment