Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Great Lesson and MY WITNESS!

November 18, 2013

Hello Everyone!
     This week has been an amazing week! It was bitterly cold most of the week, it got down to 9 degrees one night but we bundled up and went and knocked some doors, oh the adventures! 
 
This week we taught 18 lessons, just 2 short of our goal but the lessons we did teach were all pretty amazing. We found 3 new investigators this week and are excited to begin working with them. We invited to people to be baptized and put one on date. 
 
And I want to tell you about the lesson we had last night, it was with Jamey. We met her several weeks ago, her mom is in our ward but inactive. We had an amazing member-present lesson with her last night.  
 
We asked her what she knew about God, she said, "I don't know much about him, I know he is there, I know Jesus Christ is someone important and I would do anything to follow them." Perfect. So we taught the Restoration, invited her to be baptized, put her on date for December 14th and left when the Spirit was high. It was an amazing experience in which we all felt the Holy Ghost bear witness that Jesus is the Christ, the Book of Mormon is true and because it is, Joseph Smith is a prophet, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's kingdom here on earth. 
 
I left her home so filled with the Spirit and so happy, it brought tears of joy to my eyes. 
 
Doctrine and Covenants 18:13-16:
  
13 "And how great is his ajoy in the bsoul that crepenteth
   
14 Wherefore, you are called to acry repentance unto this people.
  
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
   
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the akingdom of my Father, how great will be your bjoy if you should bring many csouls unto me!"
   This scripture is so true! How great has been my joy this week as I have been blessed to testify to many of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love this work and know it to be true with all that I am. 
 
I testify to each of you that God lives, he knows you personally and he loves you. I testify that Jesus is the Christ, that he atoned for you personally and you can know true peace and love as you come to know your Savior. I know the Book of Mormon is true, it is the word of God. Joseph Smith, a man with the equivalent of a 3rd grade education could not write such a book and even if he could, WHY would he? Why would any man write such a book, then go through so much persecution, and eventually give his life for a book that he made up? Why? 
 
HE WOULD SIMPLY NOT DO IT. So it comes down to... The Book of Mormon is of the power of the devil or of the power of God. Which one is it? Why would Satan have a man write or even translate a book that testifies of Jesus Christ?  Research it, ponder it out in your mind, open your heart, come to the source and read the Book of Mormon and ask God with real intent if it is true. This is exactly what I have done and I can now stand and say, I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, it is another witness of Jesus Christ. This is the one and only true church of Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost has born witness to my spirit that these things are true, God has answered my questions, I know it and will not deny it. 
 
The Savior has his arms open to each and everyone of you, enter into his embrace and you will know true peace, love and happiness, I so testify in his name, 
 
Jesus Christ, 
 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment